You may not realize it, but Fire TV equipment it’s not just about watching TV and movies – it can also play music via Apple Music.
You can find this service on many devices and Smart TVs, including Macs, Apple Watches, Apple TV, Apple CarPlay, Apple HomePod, Android devices. PlayStation 5, Amazon Echo devices, and Sonos speakers. You can also use it on Amazon Fire TV devices.
Here’s how to get it up and running on your Amazon set-top box or dongle right now.
Amazon Fire TV Stick
Amazon Fire TV Stick offers access to all the best streaming services and more. There are even games to play.
How to install Apple Music on Fire TV devices
What you need
- Apple Music subscription.
- Your Amazon Fire TV already has the Alexa mobile app installed.
- An iOS or Android device you’ve already set up with Alexa.
Activate the Apple Music Alexa skill
The installation process is very similar to yours install Apple Music on Echo devices.
In fact, if you have already activated streaming service on Amazon Echo, then your Fire TV device will be able to use it. Apple Music. However, if you’re just looking to add Apple Music to your Fire TV without installing it on the Echo, then you’ll need to enable the feature first.
There’s no Apple Music app available on the Fire TV, but here’s how to enable Alexa.
- Go to Apple Music Alexa Skills in the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile phone. Go to More in the upper right corner, then click Skills & Games.
- Click the search icon in the upper right corner and search for “Apple Music”.
- Click the Apple Music search results that pop up.
- Select the “Activate” button to enable the skill.
- Sign in to your Apple Music account with your Apple ID.
- Allow Access Requests.
- You can choose Apple Music as Alexa’s music provider, if you prefer.
Play Apple Music on your Fire TV
- Pick up your Fire TV remote, press the microphone button, and tell Fire TV to “Play Apple Music”.
- If it works properly, you will hear something like: “Playing your song on Apple Music”.
How much does Apple Music cost?
While new Apple Music subscribers get a free three-month trial, the service costs $10.99 / £10.99 / €10.99 per month for each user.
Or, you can pay $16.99 / £16.99 / €16.99 for the Apple Music Family Plan for up to five people. Apple Music Individual Plan and Apple Music Family Plan are also included in Apple One, which starts at $16.95 per month. Check out ours an in-depth guide to Apple Music for more pricing information:
Want to know more?
See Apple support page How to use Apple Music with Alexa.