Review – Last year, I looked again EcoFlow Wave air conditioner and if you read this review you know that I was very happy to talk again and I am happy with his purpose and his work. I almost pulled it out of storage when I learned about the opportunity to review the new EcoFlow WAVE 2 Portable Air Conditioner/heater + Add-on battery. This new 2nd model provides good ventilation and warmth, which makes it suitable for use all year round. So now, instead of talking more about its potential, let’s see what it is.
What is it?
EcoFlow WAVE 2 Portable Air Conditioner/Heater Battery + Add-on battery and portable air conditioner which also acts as a heater. It can be used indoors as well as RVs, outdoor tents when camping, and more.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x EcoFlow Wave 2
- 2 x Exhaust Duct
- 3 x Adapter Cover
- 1 x Window Vent Board
- 1 x Remove Hose
- 1 x User Manual
- 1 x Extra Battery
Design and appearance
- Cooling & Heating: With the specially designed EcoFlow compressor, the Wave 2 can lower the temperature by 18℉ (10℃) in 5 minutes in the cooling mode (5100BTU) and raise the temperature by 18℉ (10℃) in 5 minutes in the hot mode (6100BTU).
- Four Ways to Pay: Charge EcoFlow Wave2, an ultra-cool, fast-heating air conditioner with AC, solar, auto, and power stations. Its adjustable battery allows for cool or warm air anytime, anywhere, and the flexibility of multiple charging options, making it the perfect tent, RV, or camping light.
- Peaceful and Lasting Comfort: Enjoy a peaceful sleep with Wave 2’s quiet operation (44 dB) in Sleep Mode, and use up to 8 hours in Eco Mode. With multiple models and software controls, it provides long-lasting comfort in your tent, RV, or home. Its robust and portable design ensures that you can take it anywhere you want.
- No Water Left Behind: Enjoy cooling and heating out of the box! EcoFlow Wave2 is the best ventilation for any compact environment. It is easy to use, requiring no installation or installation.
- Extra Time: With an additional 1159Wh battery, the EcoFlow AC unit is easy to carry. Add on DELTA 2/DELTA Max and increase run times to 7-14 hours – that’s 28% more efficient than other power stations. And, of course, you can add to the house through the wall.
The EcoFlow WAVE 2 Portable Air Conditioner is smaller than the original EcoFlow Wave, but well built and compact. It is lighter than the original EcoFlow Wave. There are two long side and top vents for air intake and exhaust. There is also a control panel at the top with an LED display. The bottom is designed to accommodate the possibility of adding an additional battery and there is a water outlet that allows you to attach a water hose. On one long side, there are ports for connecting an additional battery via the included adapter as well as an AC port for power generation and charging and a solar charging port.
The first thing I did when preparing the EcoFlow WAVE 2 Portable Air Conditioner for use was to connect the extra battery and place the whole unit on the restaurant shelf I bought to keep it. Then it was charged before you try and use it:
After the EcoFlow Wave 2 was fully charged, I added it to the EcoFlow program. Here are some highlights of the program:
Overall, the EcoFlow Wave 2 AC/Heater performs very well as both an air conditioner and a heater. There is a clear advantage of having both options in one unit especially if it is portable. It’s not noisy in any way and being able to run it off the grid with an extra battery makes it incredibly versatile.
In addition to the LED on the front of the device that flashes red/orange and blue due to heat and cold, there are other colors that light up in different colors:
Which I like
- Great design, portable, and great looking
- Build character
- Silent operation
- Working as an air conditioner and heater
- LED display
- A small stool
- Extra battery
- All heat output is AC
What I would change
- It does what it was designed to do
EcoFlow WAVE 2 Portable Air Conditioner + Additional Battery is the second generation of this type of AC. I like this one too, but I like it more because of its small and compact size and weight without compromising its functionality. I am a big fan of the ECO products that EcoFlow makes and yes they run on battery and can be recharged via solar to be ECO. IMHO, this is another great product from EcoFlow.