We have the solution to Wordle (#837) on October 4, as well as some helpful hints to help you figure out the answer yourself, right here. We’ve placed the answer at the bottom of the page, so we don’t ruin the surprise before you’ve had a chance to work through the clues. So let’s dive in, starting with a reminder of yesterday’s answer.
Let’s start by first reminding ourselves of yesterday’s Wordle answer for those new to the game or who don’t play it daily, which was “while.” So we can say that the Wordle answer today definitely isn’t that. Now, with that in mind, perhaps take another stab at it using one of these Wordle starting words and circle back if you have no luck.
Still can’t figure it out? We have today’s Wordle answer right here, below. But first, one more thing: Let’s take a look at three hints that could help you find the solution, without giving it away, so there’s no need to feel guilty about keeping your streak alive — you put in some work, after all! Or just keep scrolling for the answer.
- Today’s Wordle starts with the letter S.
- Today’s Wordle uses one vowel.
- Today’s Wordle can refer to a sudden burst of speed.
No luck? Don’t sweat it — you can’t get them all! If you just want to see today’s Wordle answer to continue your streak, you can find it below.
The answer to today’s Wordle is …
Today’s Wordle definition
And here’s what it means, according to our good friend ChatGPT:
The word “spurt” can have several meanings depending on the context in which it is used. Here are some common definitions:
- Sudden Burst or Increase: In a general sense, a spurt refers to a sudden and brief burst or increase in activity, speed, growth, or intensity. For example, if a car suddenly accelerates rapidly, you might say it experienced a “spurt of speed.”
- Ejection of Liquid or Material: Spurt can also refer to the forceful expulsion of liquid, gas, or other substances in a rapid and often uncontrolled manner. For instance, a water hose may produce a spurt of water when the nozzle is squeezed.
- Period of Rapid Growth or Development: In a developmental context, a spurt can describe a period of unusually rapid growth or progress. For example, a child may experience a growth spurt during adolescence, leading to a significant increase in height.
- Sudden Outburst of Energy or Effort: Spurt can also refer to a brief burst of energy or effort applied to complete a task or achieve a goal. Someone might go through a spurt of productivity when working on a project, indicating a short period of high motivation and output.
- A Jet or Stream: In some cases, “spurt” can refer to a narrow jet or stream of something, such as a spurt of blood from a wound or a spurt of steam from a kettle.
The precise meaning of “spurt” depends on the specific context in which it is used, so it’s important to consider the surrounding words and circumstances to understand its intended sense.
It might seem like Wordle is all luck, but there are a few good practices you can use to help get as many clues as possible in just a few guesses, making it that much more likely you can figure out the final word before you run out of tries. The most important guess is your first, and the trick is to load up on vowels (A, E, I, O, and U).
Some popular starting words people have had good luck with are “adieu,” “media,” “arise,” and “radio.” Just make sure not to pick a word with double letters, or you’re wasting precious guesses. The aim here is to try to figure out which vowels the mystery word contains, then layer in common consonants and close in from there.
Your second word, assuming that the first one gave you a good jumping-off point, should begin to lean more heavily on common consonants like R, S, and T. More good ones here we’ve seen are “stern,” “irate,” and “atone.” You never want to reuse any letters from a prior round that showed up as gray — you know they aren’t in the word.
Now that’s all solved and the definition is taken care of, and you’re armed with some tips to crush tomorrow’s Wordle, here are some games like Wordle you can try today.