Two fans of Tollywood star Suriya were electrocuted while putting up a poster for the actor’s birthday.
Nakka Venkatesh and Poluri Sai died when the iron pole of the flag came into contact with an electric wire.
The incident took place in Palnadu on Sunday, the same day as Suriya’s 48th birthday.
Police confirmed that all the victims were second-year students of a private college in Narasaraopet, India.
Their bodies were sent to Narasaraopet Government Hospital for post-mortem.
Poluri Sai’s sister, Ananya, blamed the college for her brother’s death, local media report.
He said he has concerns about the safety of doing things like this.
He said: “He killed my brother in college.”
“We pay a lot of money for college.
“Before entering, he assured us that the students will be protected and checked.
“We’re day jobs. We’re struggling to pay for college, trying to make a good life for my brother. It’s a terrible thing that happened.”
The first look of Suriya’s upcoming film Kanguva, which is said to be a “powerful epic saga”, was shared on his birthday.
Also starring Disha Patani, the film was directed by Siva and co-produced by UV Creations and Studio Green.
Studio Green tweeted: “Fearless man. Wild life. Powerful story. Get ready to witness it all… The King is here.”
Previews were released in four other languages, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Hindi and English.
Suriya has also acted in Telugu films including Thaanaa Serndha Koottam and NGK.