Amazon’s annual Prime Day sales event is here, which means you have access to great tech deals. This year, Prime Day runs from July 11 to July 12, and should include everything from video games to all-in-ones, as well as desktop computers.
The sales have already started and we have selected the best deals on computers from around the web. You must be a Senior member to take advantage of this discount. If you are not already a member, check out our directory how to get Amazon Prime for free.
This year, we’re seeing a lot of good in desktop computers, especially gaming PCs and all-in-ones. Some retailers have jumped on Prime Day, and some of the best laptop deals can be found outside of Amazon, so we’ve included those deals as well.
The best Prime Day deals and video game deals:
- HP Pavilion Gaming DesktopCore i5/RTX 3060/8GB RAM/512GB SSD, $788.00 (22% off Amazon)
- Lenovo Legion Tower 5iCore i7/RTX 3070/16GB RAM/1TB SSD, $1,399.00 (17% off Amazon)
- Acer Nitro 50Core i5/RTX 3050/16GB RAM/512GB SSD, $689.99 (42% off at Newegg)
- Skytech Siege Gaming PCRyzen 7/RTX 4070 Ti/16GB RAM/1TB SSD, $1,749.99 (16% off at Newegg)
- CyberPowerPC Gaming DesktopCore i7/RX 7900 XT/16GB RAM/2TB SSD, $1,999.00 (45% off at Walmart)
- Alienware Aurora R14Ryzen 7/RTX 3070/16GB RAM/512GB SSD, $1,299.99 (40% off at Dell)
- Yiyan Yari IICore i7/RTX 4070 Ti/32GB RAM/1TB SSD/2TB HDD, $2,749.99 (28% off at Adorama)
Prime Day Amazon has some of the best deals. The HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop on sale from Amazon for $222 off is a budget gaming PC with a Core i5 processor and RTX 3060 GPU—enough to play at 1080p with decent frames in most modern games. Alternatively, for the same price you can pick up the $510 Acer Nitro 50 from Newegg which comes with a Core i5 processor and RTX 3050 GPU. Ultimately the best price will come down to the job you want. If gaming is more important then choose the HP model with the RTX 3060. But if you want your computer to work or multitask, save yourself a little money and go with the Acer Nitro 50 which comes with more RAM.
The best Prime Day deals all in one computer:
- Lenovo IdeaCentre 3 Business AiOCore i7/64GB RAM/2TB SSD/27-inch 1080p touch display, $1,279.00 (7% discount on Amazon)
- Dell Inspiron 24 AiOCore i5/8GB RAM/512GB SSD/24-inch 1080p touch display, $729.97 (22% off Amazon)
- HP AIO 27Core i7/Intel Iris Xe integrated graphics/16GB RAM/512GB SSD/1TB HDD/27-inch 1080p display, $789.99 (34% off HP)
- HP Pavilion AiO 27Ryzen 3/8GB RAM/256GB SSD/27-inch 1080p touch display, $549.99 (35% off HP)
- Inspiron 24 AiOCore i7/MX 550/16GB RAM/512GB SSD/24-inch 1080p touch, $949.99 (21% off at Dell)
- Inspiron 27 AiOCore i7/12GB RAM/512GB SSD/27-inch 1080p touch display, $849.99 (32% off Dell)
- HP Essential AiO 24Ryzen 3/8GB RAM/512GB SSD/24-inch 1080p display, $489.99 (11% off at Walmart)
If you are selling an all-in-one (AiO) computer then you are in luck. Good deals abound for Dell Inspiron AiOs and various models of HP’s AiO lineup. Our favorites so far include the HP AiO 27 for $390 from HP’s website and the Lenovo IdeaCentre 3 Business AiO for $100 from Amazon. The HP AiO 27 offers powerful performance with a Core i7 CPU and comes with plenty of SSD storage. Lenovo IdeaCentre 3 is a high-end business AiO with an insane 64GB of RAM and 2TB of SSD storage.
What kind of desktop should I get?
You’ll see a lot of options when searching for a desktop computer, but they all fit into four categories: desktop PCs, gaming PCs, mini PCs, and all-in-ones (AiO). What you should buy depends on what you want and what you want to do with your computer. If you’re looking for something that can work in a home office or family room, then a development PC or AiO with a strong CPU and plenty of RAM and storage is probably the way to go. If gaming is your main concern, a gaming PC can cost you more than a laptop and you should focus on getting the best GPU. Or if you just want something that can fit anywhere and provide basic computing then a mini PC is a good bet.
How much energy do I need?
If you’re after CPU power, look for processors with high-end names. Core i7 is more suitable for gaming and intensive work than for everyday tasks. Intel processors are available in Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, and Core i9. In general, the higher the number, the more powerful the CPU. If you don’t need tons of power, Intel Core i5 processors are your best bet, as they offer performance at a good price. You can get by with a Core i3 for basic office and web browsing. As for AMD’s options, the Ryzen 3 is good for basic computing and web browsing, while the Ryzen 5 chips compete with Intel’s Core i5 as solid processors. If you need more power, the Ryzen 7 processor is ideal for doing things like video editing. Finally, if you’re dealing with 4K video, spring for Ryzen 9.
What GPU should I get?
If you don’t want to run any games on your computer then feel free to save money by going with integrated graphics. However, if you are looking to start your game, then we recommend at least an Nvidia GeForce 3060 or an AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT since these are the cheapest cards capable of ray tracing. The latest gen GPUs are readily available in pre-built systems so choose one if you have the money and want to improve performance. But they’re still expensive, so budget gamers may be better served by previous-generation cards.
What about memory?
As for RAM, we think it’s better to shoot for at least 16GB for performance and games, but for family computers and web browsing, 8GB should be enough.
What is good storage?
The size of the storage depends on your needs, but it is usually better to choose an SSD over a standard HDD because it is faster and does not affect the cost of the desktop. Before you decide, it’s good to think about what you want to use the computer for. Are you just working or browsing the web? So something like 512GB will be plenty. If you want to upload a lot of large files like games or creative projects, then you need 1 or 2TB or more storage. However, just remember that even if your computer doesn’t have enough storage space, you can always upgrade your SSD or go with drive outside to expand your available storage options.