A FATHER has told how his daughter thought she was going to die after her head was ripped open by machinery at a fruit juice factory.
Alexandra Trandafil, 18, lost her locks after they were brutally ripped from her head at Nippy’s.
He was working as a hand dryer at a factory in Waikerie, South Australiaon November 12, 2020, when death is imminent.
The young man was tasked with removing a barrier from the conveyor belt where the fruit was sorted and washed – the machine was still on.
Two walking chains – one ankle length with a guard on top and one head length without – were in operation at the time.
When he wanted to take out the oranges that fell, Alexandra hair Terrifyingly, he was shaken into the device and his head was split open.
Fortunately, he remained conscious throughout the incident – and saw his skin “hanging from the machine in front of him.”
Shocked friends called an ambulance before the worker was rushed to the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Doctors had to remove the baby’s skin from the machine, but only part of it could be reattached during emergency surgery.
Three years later, Alexandra still needs regular treatment because of her hair loss and scars.
USA Work A court heard the teenager feared for her life after her hair got stuck in an “unsecured” machine.
Vice-president Katherine Eaton said in her findings: “In an instant, her young and promising life was shattered by trauma, chronic pain and poor vision.
“He has been in a coma ever since he was injured.
“He couldn’t bear the pain and shock of his injuries and the horror of looking up and seeing his hair and skin hanging from the machine in front of him.
“He thought he was going to die.
“It’s no surprise that he also suffers from mental health issues due to his injuries and his ongoing disability and impairment.”
The court heard that factory management contacted Alexandra’s family to apologize and offered them money as a “compensation” to pay for travel to Adelaide for treatment.
The teenager’s father, Darrin Trandafil, said he was relieved Nippy had admitted to the horrific act.
“(We’re) thankful that he pleaded guilty and was not guilty of any wrongdoing,” he said. Advertiser.
“We are assured that Alex was innocent of the incident.”
The company was warned about the dangers of similar equipment seven years before this.
Although the machine was not the same as the one that injured the teenager, the court ruled that the risks were “exactly the same.”
Judge Eaton said: “Dangerous [of harm] it wasn’t predictable, it was predictable. “
Nippy’s said it had spent more than $60,000 (£30,000) upgrading security measures around the machine.
The company also failed to educate Alexandra about the dangers of working near the conveyor belt.
Mr Nippy did not maintain a safe working environment and had no warning signs of potential hazards, the court found.
We have already said how a the woman was strangled by her own hair when her head was torn open and factory machines at the time of job interview.
Umida Nazarova, 21, suffered severe head injuries Belarus when they are shown by the working authorities.