Augmented reality (AR) has quickly evolved from a mainstream technology into a breakthrough tool. It exists in our daily lives and continues to redefine the way we interact with technology.
AR technology combines the physical and digital worlds – whether it’s games or consumer products, AR and virtual reality (VR) help businesses provide a better experience for their customers. Many companies use it AR viewer app creating computer generated objects in the real world.
Let’s explore the world of AR through the lens of some inspiring statistics that help paint a true picture of where AR is today and where it will be in the future.
Whether you’re a tech enthusiast, innovator, investor, or avid reader, these statistics will measure the length and breadth of AR’s potential, potential, and potential.
Top augmented reality statistics
An additional fact it covers digitally generated objects in the real world, giving them an added or “surplus” effect. It unites the real and the physical, which provides an opportunity for interaction and visualization.
- 70% of tech leaders foresee AR revenue over VR.
- A small percentage (1%) of retailers have integrated AR into their operations.
- The engagement rate of AR products is doubled, making them 200% more engaging than their non-AR counterparts.
- Conversions are found to be 40% higher with AR.
- The main reason for using AR is immersion.
- The first AR ad was released in 2008 for BMW’s MINI campaign.
- Seven out of ten consumers believe that AR has the potential to support the development of creativity.
- About 94% of business leaders believe that the main motivation for using AR is entertainment.
- More than half (52%) of retailers need more time to be ready to integrate AR into their sales processes.
AR applications are available on a variety of devices such as smartphones, tablets, wearable devices such as smart glasses, and AR headsets. These devices use sensors, cameras, and software to detect images and real-time objects and overlay digital objects.
Facts about growth statistics
AR’s growth has been phenomenal and shows no signs of slowing down. Rapid advances in technology, increased adoption, and adoption across sectors are driving its rise.
- AR device users are expected to reach 1.4 billion by the end of 2023.
- The AR market is expected to reach $50 billion by 2024.
- In 2022 retailers will account for 5% of AR jobs.
- Global revenue for AR/VR stands at $18.8 billion in 2020.
- Two-thirds (67%) of marketing agencies are increasing their use of AR.
- Only 16% of retailers use AR during sales.
- The combined AR and VR market is currently worth $31.12 billion.
- By 2023, mobile AR revenue is expected to grow from $12.45 billion in 2021 to $21.03 billion.
- In 2020, 83.1 million US citizens use AR per month.
- The AR market is expected to grow to $50 billion by 2024.
- The world invested $12 billion in AR/VR games in 2020.
is the size of the global AR market. It is expected to reach $33.5 billion in 2027.
Source: PR Newswire
- In 2022, AR/VR is projected to generate $942 million in revenue. Despite the difficult year, the industry is expected to grow exponentially, with revenues expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 50.7% by 2027.
- AR device users will grow steadily, reaching approximately 1.4 billion by the end of 2023 and 1.73 billion by 2024.
- Computer-free workers, who make up about 80% of the world’s workforce, can lead the adoption of AR technologies.
- By 2023, the US has 1,027 AR startups, which shows a significant increase in recent years.
- 26% of all smartphones support AR.
According to the above industry estimates, the global AR market will reach its best value in the coming years. The main factors contributing to this growth include the proliferation of smartphones and other smart devices and the advancement of AR technology.
Augmented reality consumer statistics
Considering the wide range of applications of this technology, AR consumers form different groups. The appeal of AR affects a wide range of people and industries, from gamers to consumers, students to professionals.
Educators and students use AR in learning environments to enhance learning. Teachers use AR to make abstract concepts more accessible and fun. Students use AR apps to interact with them 3D graphicsdo real experiments, and see places they wouldn’t go.
There is also an increase in the adoption of AR in the healthcare industry. Professionals use it for a variety of purposes, such as diagnosing medical problems, planning surgeries, and teaching medical students. Patients are also using AR apps to update and better understand their health status.
Let’s take a look at the statistics to understand the status of consumers and users of AR.
- 61% of consumers prefer retailers that offer AR experiences.
- 71% of consumers make sales more often if they use AR.
- Most Japanese consumers (66%) want offline stores to offer AR experiences.
- Two-fifths of consumers (40%) are willing to pay more for things you can change in AR.
- 32% of consumers incorporate AR into their shopping experience.
- 100 million consumers shopped with AR in 2020.
- An estimated 83.1 million US consumers use AR each month in 2020.
- 70% of consumers aged 16 to 44 are aware of AR.
- Almost two-fifths (39%) of AR marketers use AR during the planning process.
- Among people between the ages of 16 and 44, between 70% and 75% know about AR, while this number decreases in older people.
consumers can spend more on existing products by trying AR.
- More than half (55%) of consumers find shopping with AR fun.
- A recent study found that 32% of AR users use it because they like it.
- 91.75% of Gen Z show high interest in AR-based shopping.
- Interest in buying AR is highest among younger generations, with 94% of Gen Z wanting to install AR seats.
- 70% of consumers believe that AR apps can influence their purchasing behavior.
- 70% of consumers see AR as an important tool for innovation.
- According to 72% of US consumers, better communication is among the top four benefits of using AR in the workplace.
- 57% of users prefer brands that offer AR experiences.
- 64% of customers feel that using AR increases their loyalty.
- More than two-thirds of US residents predict that AR will become a part of life in the coming years. 82% indicated their intention to use AR and VR regularly.
Engineers, retail customers, tourists, and fitness enthusiasts use AR differently for their unique purposes.
AR in sports statistics
AR is revolutionizing the gaming market, adding a new dimension to how games are created, played, and experienced. AR brings games into the real world, combining reality and reality.
Unlike traditional video games that place the player on a screen, AR games encourage interaction with the surrounding environment. This greater immersion and interactivity gives players an exciting and fun experience.
Many AR games can be played on smartphones and tablets, making the technology accessible to more users. Developers are focusing on creating AR games that can be enjoyed without the need for special equipment. Let’s take a look at the stats below to see how AR is playing in the game.
- Sports is the most popular activity for AR.
- About one-third (32%) of Americans are interested in playing AR video games.
- 38% of users indicated the need to advance in AR to make the game more engaging.
- 2.5 billion gamers worldwide spent $152.1 billion on games in the early 2020s.
- 35% of non-gamers show interest in AR. That’s a lot, because 23% of consumers don’t play games.
Game developers create select games for AR/VR platforms.
- 60% of AR gamers cite immersive experiences as a key driver for playing AR games.
- One in three AR gamers say having a smartphone isn’t enough for AR gaming.
- 43% of gamers are interested in AR games.
- 25% of consumers say they will use AR for exercise in the next five years.
- 40% of AR gamers agree that AR games will be fun with more immersive gameplay and access to affordable AR glasses.
Looking ahead, the future of AR in gaming looks bright. The advent of AR glasses and wearables can also change the way you play games, giving you immersive and hands-free gaming experiences.
Beyond AR statistics
AR figures give a good picture of the future of this technology, especially in gaming. The rapid growth and widespread interest of consumers shows the great potential of AR. With billions of players around the world, an increasing number of AR-capable smartphones, and a growing interest in traditional gaming, AR is poised to have a major impact on the entertainment industry.
As technology advances, we can expect more and more AR technology applications to integrate reality and the real world even further. The future of AR is exciting and promises to revolutionize gaming and other aspects of our daily lives.
Find out more about more truth and find out how it can grow your business.