Chanel Christoff Davis is a tax expert with over 20 years of experience in business operations. Chanel is the founding partner and CEO of Davis Davis and Harmon LLC, an award-winning sales tax firm of sales tax experts known as DDH. Established in 2001, DDH is the largest woman and minority-owned sales tax advisory practice in the nation. DDH services corporations by delivering innovative tax solutions that return money to their client’s bottom line. Chanel has so much experience in managing client relations and the day-to-day management decisions of her firm. For more information, go to DDHTax.com.
It’s all about the money! Well, the state’s money, that is. Today’s guest, Chanel Christoff Davis, will discuss what we need to know about sales taxes. This isn’t sexy, but it is necessary because more and more small businesses are getting in trouble because they don’t understand their obligation to this state.
“You have to be aware of what you’re doing and where you’re doing it. Ignorance is not a defense. If you ever get caught by a state taxing authority, they don’t care that you didn’t know.” – Chanel Christoff Davis
Listen to the podcast below:
This week on SmallBizChat Podcast:
- Why sales tax in the US is complicated.
- It’s not about where you’re located; it’s about benefit location.
- The reason states take sales tax so seriously.
- Products and services that are taxable.
- Sales, income, and use tax (and who to work with to ensure your business pays the correct taxes).
- Basics to keep in mind for sales tax.
- Be aware of the state tax rules in any state you do business in (even if you’ve never been there).
Connect with Chanel Christoff Davis:
Want to hear more episodes of The SmallBiz Chat Podcast? Subscribe on your favorite platform so you never miss an episode!