Leicester have been dealt a double injury blow on the eve of the Premier League season with Ricardo Pereira set for six months out and Harvey Barnes sidelined.
The Foxes are the only club to have not made a summer signing ahead of the new campaign which starts on Friday when Crystal Palace host Arsenal, live on Sky Sports. Leicester will welcome Brentford to the King Power Stadium in their opening fixture on Sunday at 2pm.
Full-back Pereira is now set for a long spell on the sidelines having ruptured his achilles in Leicester’s final pre-season friendly on Sunday, a 1-0 win over Sevilla. The 28-year-old had surgery on the injury yesterday.
Brendan Rodgers will also be without winger Harvey Barnes for a few weeks after the winger picked up a knee injury in the same fixture.
More to follow…
- 128 exclusively live Premier League matches.
- First pick of matches for every weekend of the Premier League season.
- The best punditry team in football including Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Jamie Redknapp, Graeme Souness, Micah Richards and Roy Keane.
- Kelly Cates and David Jones will present our live coverage across Friday Night Football, Saturday Night Football, Super Sunday and Monday Night Football.
- In-game goals and clips for mobile devices from Sky Sports live matches.
- Extended highlights On Demand and our Premier League channel.
- Sky Sports is your ultimate destination for domestic football with live coverage of the Premier League, EFL, Scottish Premiership and the Women’s Super League.
- Find out more about Sky Sports