Manchester United Women have completed the signing of France international Aissatou Tounkara.
The defender joins after four seasons with Primera Division Femenina side Atletico de Madrid Femenino and has signed a two-year deal.
The 27-year-old featured for France at this summer’s Women’s European Championships, reaching the semi-final stage of the competition.
“I am very happy and honored to join such a prestigious team as Manchester United. I can’t wait to start this new challenge and join my team-mates,” Tounkara said.
Manchester United boss Marc Skinner added: “Aissatou is a player we had been monitoring for a while and are delighted to now bring her to the football club.
“She will offer vital Champions League and European competition experience to our younger players, and a real maturity to our all-round defensive play.
“We now look forward to embedding Aissatou into our squad during pre-season.”
Key dates for the 2022/23 season
- Barclays Women’s Championship opening weekend: August 20/21, 2022
- Barclays Women’s Super League opening weekend: SSeptember 10/11, 2022
- FA Women’s Continental League Cup final: March 4/5, 2023
- Barclays Women’s Championship final weekend: April 29/30, 2023
- Vitality Women’s FA Cup final: May 14, 2023
- Barclays Women’s Super League final weekend: May 27/28, 2023
Follow the summer transfer window with Sky Sports
Who will be on the move this summer before the transfer window closes at 11pm on September 1.
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and rumors in our dedicated Transfer Center blog on Sky Sports’ digital platforms. You can also catch up with the ins, outs and analysis on Sky Sports News.