Pure EV Scooter Catches Fire in Gujarat


The incident marked the fifth electric scooter-related fire concerning a Pure EV model

In yet another incident of an electric two-wheeler going up in flames, a Pure EV EPluto 7G scooter in Gujarat caught fire while it was being charged. A video of the incident was shared on social media and since then went viral. The video shows the parked scooter engulfed in flames with the charging cable still attached. As per reports, there were no casualties reported. This marked the fifth incident of a Pure EV scooter catching fire with the last incident having been reported last month.

The incident was reported at a house in the Suvidhinath Society in Patan, Gujarat.

Pure EV is yet to issue a statement over the latest incident.

With the spate in recent incidents of EV fires, the government is reportedly getting set to introduce the new Bureau of Indian Standards established parameters for battery packs for two-wheelers in the country with new standards for four-wheelers also said to be in the works.

Earlier in the year, the Defense Research & Development Organization undertook an investigation into the reports of battery fires. The investigation reportedly found serious defects in the batteries including the design of the packs and the modules. The government-constituted committee tasked with probing the incidents too reportedly identified similar issues in its preliminary findings.

0 Comments

Pure EV had last month received a notice from the Central Consumer Protection Authority over its e-scooter fire incidents.

For the latest auto news and reviewsfollow carandbike.com on Twitter, Facebookand subscribe to our YouTube channel.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *