Below are some tips that will help you make your hair soft and bouncy, courtesy Madhumeeta Dhar, Chief Research Officer, Plantas.
1. Use Oil & Serum – Oiling your hair & using serum give nutrition to your hair making them healthy. Also oiling and serum protect your hair from regular wear & tear. Serum can be used pre as well as post wash, request you to use as per usage instruction or your preference.
2. Keep your hair clean – During summers the sun, sweat, and dirt work against your hair. It is suggested to make sure that you use shampoo twice a week to remove all the greasiness. Also, avoid too much shampoo as it may dry out your hair.
3. Regular use of conditioner – Apply a small amount of conditioner starting from the middle of your hair to down and distribute it evenly to make sure every strand is coated with a layer of moisturized bliss.
4. Don’t over-rinse – After applying the conditioner, we should try to rinse with cold water and make sure that your hair is slightly slippery. Conditioner creates a barrier between the hair & the dust particles, hence using a conditioner is important.
5. Comb your hair gently – We completely need to avoid brushing the knots of our hair as soon as we get out of the shower as this activity damages your hair more. Instead, it is suggested to gently comb your hair when it’s wet, then switch to a brush when it is dry.
6. Invest in a silk pillowcase – It is a known fact that cotton absorbs moisture and hence will suck up all the essential oils from your hair. Whereas on the other hand, Silk will maintain these oils and as the fabric is gentle it will reduce friction, leading to less breakage.
7. Trim your hair every 6-8 weeks – Go for regular hair trims to avoid split ends and keep your hair looking healthy
8. Homemade hair pack – Just like your skin, your hair also needs some extra care to combat the ill effects of the weather. Go in for a hair pack to give your hair some much-needed pampering and care.
9. Best Solution – Use organic & natural hair products for a complete treatment of your hair, make it fully nourished and healthy, and have the required smoothness and bounce as desired. Look absolutely fab and confident.
“Our hair is a statement of style, an affirmation of beauty, and an expression of self-love”. So never give up on your hair.